If you have ever been to a Punjabi wedding or get a chance to attend one, you are guaranteed two things - loads of dancing and gallons of drinking.
Punjabis know how to celebrate an event and make it a night to remember for everyone - whether it’s a roka ceremony or a big fat wedding.
Here are some of the things that happen at every Punjabi wedding.
*Get Ready For Some Laugh*
1) Rum Rum Rum Rum Rum Whiskey... Is Essential!
There could be a shortage of food, but whiskey….NEVER!
2) The Pre-wedding Functions Start 2 Months Before The Wedding Date
Because Punjabiyaan di battery hmesha charge rehendi hai!
3) You’ve Cousins Coming From All Over The World (even from Kaneeda)
Because *saade veere di wedding hai*
4) The Cocktail Will Be Incomplete Without ‘Saadi Rail Gaddi Aayi’ Dance
This song will be repeated at least thrice at any Punjabi wedding.
5) DJ Is Okay, But Where's The Dholwala?
No matter how much you enjoy dancing on the old and new songs, but the actual dancing happens at the dhol. *Chak De Boliyaann*
6) The Shower Of Money While Dancing
The uncles throwing money not only on the bride or groom, but also on their friends, cousins, and aunties.
7) Larger Than Life Costumes
Expect to see the most gorgeous and expensive outfits at any Punjabi wedding as they ‘live life king size’.
8) The Matchmaking Aunties
You’ll find them noticing the young boys and girls and fixing their rishtas. They are found at every Punjabi wedding. Beware of them!
9. Maamaji And Chachiji Dancing With A Glass of Whisky On Their Head
*Do ghut peela de saathiya baaki mere te rodd de*
10) Eat Everything On The Menu & Then Complain About The Same
"The paneer of the paneer tikka wasn’t fresh, I had only eaten 5”