Two things that you are surely going to witness at a Big Fat Punjabi Wedding is loads of dancing and gallons of drinking (and beautiful Punjabi girls)
Punjabis know how to celebrate an event, even if it's as small as a mehendi or sangeet at home ceremony.
Here are some things that you can't go without noticing at a Punjabi wedding.
*Get Ready For Some pun-Interned Laughs*
1. Rum Rum Rum Rum Rum Whiskey... Is Essential!
There could be a shortage of food, but whiskey….NEVER!
2. The Distant Relatives Come Weeks Before The Wedding
And the celebrations are non-stop. Dholki, Haldi, Mehendi, Shagun, Jaago, etcetera.
3. You’ve Cousins & Cousins Of Cousins Coming From All Over The World (even from Kaneeda)
Because *saade veere di wedding hai*
4. The Sangeet NIght Will Be Incomplete Without The ‘Lamberghini’ Dance
This song will at least be repeated five times at any Punjabi wedding.
5. DJ Is Okay, But Where's The Dholwala?
No matter how much you enjoy dancing on the old and new songs, but the actual dancing happens at the dhol. *Chak De Boliyaann*
6. A Mandatory Couple Dance On 'Tu Laung Te Main Laachi'
You can either pick the Bollywood version or the folk one.
7. Maamaji And Chachaji Are Always Worried About Their Whiskey
8. Eat Everything On The Menu & Then Complain About The Same
"The paneer in the paneer tikka wasn’t fresh, I had only eaten 5”